Thursday, September 3, 2009

kirbyourthrowbacks: Janis Joplin, The Original "Blue-Eyed" Soul. . .


I'm in a 60s mood right now (mostly when I'm feeling very Zen-like, lol) and I happened to stumble upon this oldee-but-goodee: Janis Joplin's "To Love Somebody". Now I remember some years ago BET had this segment called "Blue-Eyed Soul" in which they showed music featuring white artists singing R&B/Soul. The line-up included Jon B., Christina Aguilera, Pink, and N'Sync, to name a few. However, now I just realized that they left out a very important woman, the originator of "Blue-Eyed Soul": Janis Joplin. This woman would and still could have you feeling some type of way. . .She was a deeply troubled woman but she let you know through AMAZING music that in this struggle between Love and Life we are not alone. . .So sit, relax, and enjoy the wonderfulness of Miss Joplin.


No comments:

Post a Comment