Thursday, September 3, 2009

kirbyourmusic: Radio Virgin


"In the beginning of time there was quiet. It was an erie calm that held on as long as it could across the whole universe. Then...Bam! There was a gnarly explosion. So gnarly that when the dust cleared there was rock. Then, millions of years later, there was rock music!"
-Radio Virgin

Radio Virgin, a Chicago and LA-based music group has really caught my attention over the past 3 months, and it's not just because one of my friends is a guitarist for the band (although I thank
him for introducing me to his band!). When I listen to their music, it evokes a style-fusion that you don't see much nowadays. . .a kind of 60s psychedelic funk in a 21st century life. . .displaced in time but rightly so. They make you fall in love with them through that kind of Zen-like feeling and incantation of psychedelic kings and queens like Mr. Hendrix, The Beatles, and Janis Joplin but with a 21st century ambiance with the likes of John Mayer and Adam Levine. . .This is a band I hope you all enjoy and support (as I will/do!)

You can find them on Facebook (become a fan!) and on MySpace (www.myspace.com/thehellavision) to friend them and listen to their amazing music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment